Video interview tips
Success at a virtual hiring event is about preparing beforehand, being on time, looking your best, and leaving the hiring staff with a great impression. Here are some tips provided by Indeed Career Guide that could be useful to get yourself ready for the virtual interview:
- Make sure to RSVP ahead of time if you can.
- Find a quiet location with good internet connection.
- Ensure that you won’t be interrupted.
- Have a copy of your resume and any other notes ready to reference.
- Set out a glass or bottle of water for yourself.
- Check that your webcam and audio are working.
- Close any windows, tabs or applications on your computer that you’re not using.
- Set your phone to silent if you are using your laptop for the interview.
- Check that the background behind you is neutral and free of clutter.
- Adjust the lights in the room. If things appear dark or dim, you may want to bring in an extra desk lamp to brighten the space.
- Avoid the instinct to look directly at your interviewer on the screen while you’re answering a question. Instead, when you speak, direct your gaze at the webcam.
- To look your best on camera, avoid bright colors and patterns and opt for softer colors instead.
- If you are attending a virtual hiring event, you may need to wait your turn to be interviewed in the virtual lobby.
Our Career and Business Center offers private rooms you can reserve to conduct your virtual interview.
For complete article, please check HERE