Library of Things
Library of Things Guidelines
Each Library of Things Item may be borrowed as follows:
- Reservations are to be made for the day the item will be borrowed from the library.
- Reservations can be made in person, by phone (631-273-7883, ext. 123), or online through our Lending Key software available through our website. Please have your library card with you when placing your reservation and when picking up your item.
- Library of Things items may be reserved up to 60 days in advance.
- If you wish to cancel or change your reservation, you may do so online or by calling or visiting the library.
- If the item you are reserving is lost or comes back late from a previous patron, the library may not be able to honor your reservation. Please call ahead to confirm that your pass is available for pick-up.
- Library of Things items are picked up (checked out) and returned (checked in) at the Welcome Desk located at the entrance of the library. Library of Things items may not be dropped off in the Book Drop and they cannot be renewed.
- You must pick up your reserved item after 3 pm on the pick-up date and return it by 1 pm on the return date.
- A fee of $5 will be charged for each day a Library of Things item is late. Late fees will not exceed the cost of the original item.
- Patrons are expected to use the items only according to the instructions provided by the Manufacturer or the Brentwood Public Library.
- Items are expected to be returned clean and in good condition. Patrons are responsible for returning all pieces included in an item, unless otherwise directed by library staff.