Our Library by Mail service will deliver library material straight to your door - at no cost to you!
Who can receive service?
You are eligible if you:
- Are temporarily or permanently homebound.
- Have a disability or are ill.
- Are the caregiver to someone who is ill.
- Lack transportation.
How does it work?
Complete the Library by Mail application online
- Readers automatically receive a new bag as soon as the current one is returned.
- A maximum of four items per bag can be mailed.
- The check-out period for each item is six weeks. The items can be renewed if no one is waiting.
- Your library card is free, and postage is pre-paid by the library.
What's available through Library by Mail?
Books, audiobooks, music CDs, and more!
How are materials selected?
In the Library by Mail application, you will be asked to specify your reading interests, including favorite genres and authors.
- You can select from various formats, i.e. regular print and/or large print books, audio books, paperbacks.
- You are welcome to make specific requests, or we make selections based on your profile.
- You can call at (631)273-7883 ext. 127 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I Return Material?
Simply remove the white card from the plastic window on the green pouch and turn it over so it shows “Brentwood Public Library, 34 Second Avenue, Brentwood, NY 11717.”
Insert the card back into the window, place your returning items inside the green pouch, and put the pouch in your mailbox to be mailed back to us.
How do I register for Library by Mail?
Still have questions?
Please contact us so that we can help you!
Library by Mail Librarian
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Phone: (631) 273-7883 ext. 127